Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Week Menu

Last year I was by myself on Thanksgiving day, which sounds quite a bit more pathetic than it was. I did celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends . . . just not until a day or two after Thanksgiving. To keep myself from feeling pathetic last year, I made myself a stuffed Cornish hen. It was like a cute little, single-serving-size turkey, and gave me something exciting and food-related to look forward to on Thanksgiving day.

This year, our Thanksgiving plans are again on Saturday instead of Thursday, so I've decided to do a whole week of fun cooking. I kind of intended to do a deconstructed Thanksgiving dinner spread out . . . but I didn't want to limit myself to traditional Thanksgiving dishes, especially since I'll be eating all of those on Saturday.

I'm going to share my menu with you--more because I'm excited about it, and less because I think you will be excited about it.

How about you? What are you eating for Thanksgiving this year?

Thanksgiving Week Menu 2012

Breakfasts:

Main Dishes and Sides:
  • Thai Peanut Pumpkin Hummus from Prevention RD - a recipe I discovered last year. It's pretty quick and easy, so I threw it together Sunday night as a warm-up and to get me through two work days with less time to cook.
  • Pumpkin Apple Harvest Rice from Healthy Happy Life - with the addition of turkey and cranberries, this could almost be Thanksgiving in a bowl.
  • Roasted Cauliflower with Apple and Dill from A Couple Cooks - this looks like such an interesting combination of flavors! 
  • Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bleu Cheese and Cranberries - combining recipes from Prevention RD and Two Peas & Their Pod
  • Stuffed Carnival Squash - inspired by at least a couple recipes. I think it will have quinoa, turkey sausage, pear, and I haven't yet decided what else.
  • Roasted Cauliflower Risotto from A Couple Cooks - this will be my first attempt at risotto!

Dessert:



2 comments:

  1. I love Prevention RD and Pinch of Yum! I am going to have to add these other blogs on to my RSS feed, too (including yours!) It's nice keeping up with you via Facebook and such.

    Emilee (Ladd) Singhal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Prevention RD and Pinch of Yum great? I (probably vainly) feel like Lindsay from PoY and I would be great friends if we knew each other. Of the others I linked to, A Couple Cooks and Naturally Ella are my favorites. I hope you like them, too! And I'm honored that you like my blog as well. It's great keeping up with you, too, and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete