Saturday, July 2, 2011

Crisp tuna salad

The other day, I made some tuna salad that was--if I may say so myself--quite delicious. I don't have a picture to share...partly because I was more excited about eating it than photographing it, but mostly because, let's face it, it's hard to make tuna salad look appetizing. But here's the recipe.

2 cans tuna in water, well drained
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
Half of 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
1 largeish whole dill pickle, finely chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup lite mayo with olive oil (I did 1/2 cup, but some may like it creamier than me)
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl, adjusting the mayo amount to your preferences. Chill and eat. This was okay on whole wheat sandwich thins, but it tasted excellent with Stacy's brand whole grain pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment